<VV> Paint, pipes, points, and pump

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 29 12:31:55 EDT 2007

A few questions:

I'm thinking of returning the Monza to it's original Sierra Tan.
Does anyone out there have the paint codes that the body shop would
need to duplicate it?

I currently have dual muffler set up on a 110 (probably not stock).
I would like to keep the dual set up unless there are performance
issues in doing so that I'm not aware of.  I would appreciate
recommendations for a good looking, nice sounding (assertive, but not
overbearing) set of replacement pipes (it IS a sport hardtop after all).

Do I need to order the points and condenser from a vendor or will my
FLAPS have it?  I currently run Pertronix and have no desire to
change back to points, but will need a set ready to install when the
inevitable happens.

Can anyone recommend a quite running electronic fuel pump?  The one
that is currently on the car, that my father installed twenty years
ago (Puralator ? - can't check as car is at the body shop) can wake
the dead.

Dressing up for the NTCA meet in Denison, Texas on the 3rd of November.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvaireum //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, originally (currently Copper, perhaps soon to return to
original) - Saddle,
PG, A/C, original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical
bumper guards,
day/night mirror, rust free, w/ 77K