<VV> Paint, pipes, points, and pump

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 15:05:19 EDT 2007

Paint code for original color is on data plate in engine. This should be
enough for the body shop to look up in their Paint Supplier's database
and find a current mix formula.

Here is some PPG information:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/cgi-bin/search/search.pl

So, the GM code for Sierra tan is SS, and the PPG formula code is 22553,
So for PPG Urethane basecoat a part number would be DBU-22553. There are
other basecoats in the PPG line, this is just an example.

The aluminum color for the rear air grille is PPG 8568.

Points and condenser have been available at FLAPS, but I haven't asked
recently. Of course a real parts store will be able to get them from
their warehouse system in a day.

Frank DuVal