<VV> ride height

latin81 at comcast.net latin81 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 09:24:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

The recent posts about rear ride height have prompted me to go do some measurements on my own project car (1965 Monza coupe).  The engine is installed, but there are no seats, doors, glass, or trunk lid yet.  The rear height is 25.5" from the floor to the bottom of the center of the wheel well.  The front height is 28".  I know that there is still a lot of weight to be added, but I don't think it's going to bring the front down all that much.

My fear is that I've got the front and rear springs reversed.  Is this even possible?  I redid the suspension about three years ago, and I can't remember if there was an obvious difference between front and rear springs, and now it's very hard to find out.  If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe