<VV> Mainstreaming the vairforce

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Apr 3 00:12:15 EDT 2008

Hey people!

I'm a "nubie". I just got my 63 Convertible Spyder running yesterday, WOW
how cool. I can't wait until tomorrow night to visit the Vintage Corsa
(Orange County, CA) meeting for the first time. I also plan to visit a "main
stream" cruise-in on Friday night.

I spent the last five years planning to build an airplane. I finally
realized that my finances would not allow it. During that time, I went to
many fly-ins. Many were for one specific type of aircraft. When another
aircraft type taxied up, many of the "members" all but waved them away. I
was not happy with that. One of the main reasons that I purchased a Corvair
was to join a new group of friends. I don't care what type of vehicle you
have. If you're into cars, I'm with you. Now that I have a new hobby, I plan
to make the most of it. I plan to visit several shows and cruise-ins a month
and "main stream" my Spyder in with all the other makes. I am not interested
in trophies or the like (well, maybe one or two if my car is good enough). I
just want to be "part of it all". I've been a bystander too long at the air
shows.

I personally feel that it is part of our duty as Corvair owners to promote
these fine vehicles. I hope that I will find some new like-minded friends
that will join me at the "Main-stream" events.

Just my opinion.

Dave Thompson

Westminster, CA

63 Convertible Spyder