<VV> What's a good cleaner for white wall tires?

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 3 04:55:03 EDT 2008

My 3 year old whitewalls on my Corvair have turned an off-white/tan, even
though the car is kept in a garage 99% of the time and never taken out in
the rain.  I've tried all the old ways I cleaned my tires back in the 60,
powdered cleansers, brillo soap pads, Westley's WW cleaner and one or two
other tire type cleaners I had around and nothing has helped.  Any one have
any suggestions?  Is this a overall problem with the newer tires?  I don't
recall the older tires doing this.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Kent Island, MD