<VV> Anyone running 3.27 gears w/95hp PG?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Apr 3 10:25:34 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/3/2008 12:57:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Scotty
Grover writes:

Regarding using 15-in. rims on a FC; where do you get those rims and will
they fit a LM coupe?

Scotty from Hollyweird

The FC uses a standard Chevy bolt pattern, but with a strange offset  because
of the FC steering linkage.  They used notoriously narrow  14" wheels as
stock - Only 5" wide. Narrower than the Car wheels. Many  people put 15" wheels on
the late Corvair coupe. Almost any 15" Chevy wheel can  be used on the late
coupe. If you go wider than 7", especially on the front, you  will have
clearance problems. The most common, cheap, good-looking wheel - which  I recommend -
is the 1982-1992 Camaro optional Aluminum 15 x 7 wheel. It is  hub-centric on
the Corvair, clears front and rear (depending on tires chosen)  and is easily
available in the Flea-Market/Mini-ad market. I also recommend a  205-55-15
tire. They fit the wheels, are close to the original tire in height,  and are
available from many sources. If you want more info, just ask. -  Seth