<VV> Electronic Communique

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 12:23:09 EDT 2008

Okay, okay, thought about it a little topic a little more.  Personally, I don't give much thought to when I receive my Communique in the mail, so when it shows up, its just a pleasant surprise. So here might be a good idea:

I think most of us already have access to corvair.org with a user name and password. So when the next Communique is through pre-press or pre-USPS stage, all the Lemont office has to do is post an electronic version (pdf) in the Documents section at corsa.org, and as a CORSA member, we can log in and see it, download it, or whatever before it comes physically in the snail mail. Then as time goes on, the CORSA library grows (electronically) as a database and can be indexed for search capabilities, etc. down the line.

Say you remember an article back in 2007 about seat belts or something, but can't exactly remember which rag it was in, so you log in, click search, and Walla! you have that article in front of you in minutes, instead of thumbing through your physical library (just as prudent, too).

I know their exist an index of Communique already, that could be digitized too?

So this would satisfy both the physical in your hands kind of guy and the virtual geeks (like me) LOL... without too much interference/expense with Mr. Postman.

chris