<VV> electric corvair

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Apr 3 13:10:47 EDT 2008

Scotty,

When I realized I didn't have the finances to build an airplane, I looked
into building an electric car. I also researched using a Corvair as a "donor
car". In my opinion, an EM coup or 'vert would be a great candidate; small
and lightweight and lots of space for batteries. I am unaware of anyone that
has ever built an electric Corvair. However, the idea is intriguing. I found
out that my employer would get a tax advantage for installing a charging
station in the parking lot here in California, worth looking into. That way
I could charge up while at work.  In my estimation, it would cost in the
neighborhood of $10K for a proper conversion and batteries. The best book
that I have found on the subject is "Convert It" by Michael P. Brown, Future
Books publishing.

You can find it at:

http://www.electroauto.com/

 Another great web page resource for electric vehicles is:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4214/links.html#EV%20Manufacturers%
20and

These guys even have an adaptor for the Corvair.

Good luck, Keep us posted.

Dave Thompson