<VV> Corsa for sale

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Thu Apr 3 22:24:27 EDT 2008

Richard, I am glad that you were fortunate enough to get a great deal like
that. I have never been that lucky. I have fixed up several classic cars and
made nice cars out of them and I can tell you most people would not have
even considered they were worth the time to fix up. But I did, because
that's my thing. I was an automotive tech. for 5 years and a tool maker for
10 years. I love the challenge of making something out of nothing. And this
"bag of car parts" is not nothing. I know it will take alot of elbow grease
and probably another $10,000 to finish this car but when it is finished it
may soon be worth close to $20,000. There has been alot of talk lately about
mainstreaming our cars and this is a great thing. When that happens our
special little cars are going to get more expensive because more people are
going to want them. I believe the day of the good deal for a Corvair is
coming to a close. Case in point YS-003 is up to almost $30,000 and there is
a gentleman with a 69 500 that has 5 miles on it and he wants $25,000 to buy
it now both on E-bay. Granted these are two special cars but it will help
drive up prices. I also have restored several old tractors using two to make
one. If you think our cars are getting high priced I watched a Super HV
Farmall sell for $60,000 last week and a torn apart JD GWH sell for $27,000
two days ago. Talk about high prices. These are tractors were talking about
here. So in closing I believe that I have put a fair price on the car and I
can promise you I am not making a penney on it. I'll get off the box now.