<VV> Corsa for sale

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Apr 6 00:51:08 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Reinharts" <jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com>

Subject: Re: <VV> Corsa for sale
> > $4500 for a bag of car parts?
> >  I didn't pay much more for my 64 Spyder and it was in fine condition.
*********
Hi : Reinharts , It seems to me that you are in the ballpark for your $4000
bag of parts .

It's " Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder "  kind of thing.

Geepers, I remember even right here in Iowa , maybe 3 or 8 years ago, a
couple very nice convertible vairs went for $3K or less .... !!!!!!!!    But
that was then, this is now.

and to those lurkers out there that are finding an occasion RealBargain,
please keep sending in those reports, we all enjoy that fantasy that some of
you get to live.   Of course, 10 years from now whether you paid 2K or 6K
for that vair convertible will be not of much interest.  And just think,
this one has a lot of the work done, if you are going to take it apart
anyway and powder coat everything (g).

In one of my other obsessions, I have to note that a nice competition
quality target rifle is now $4000...part of the reason being a thinning of
the number of really good competition rifle builders ..... maybe kinda like
the number of old 'vair wrenches that remember which bearing goes where on
our strange little cars ...

Just some thoughts; ken campbell, in shock and awe in Iwa