<VV> First Class Pain

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 16:55:10 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/4/2008 11:47:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kaczmarek at charter.net writes:

Back 20  years ago, I was told the Directors got their copies "Earlier" than
everyone  else.

There was no internet, and no "CORSA CLASSIFIEDS" online. The  Internet was
still in the fertile mind of Al Gore, its inventor. (SORRY,  COULDN'T RESIST)

At shows I would hear about how a guy saw an ad the  day he got his magazine
and would call and find out a Director bought it a  week before.   Pissed some
folks off.

You know, Hank, that would piss me off too. And it happened - one time. The
director received a lot of flak, at least within the board, at the  time. And
it has been re-told a thousand times. And that was 20+ years  ago. And you
don't have to go to a show, just read VV!

The next part of your note:

"With todays internet, it wouldn't matter if anyone got their copy earlier
than anyone else. Check the Online Classifieds and you'll likely see the ads
before they ever get laid out for the magazine."

I agree with this. See part of my note to the Corsa BOD:

. Folks - I know that the argument about First Class shipping of the
Communique goes back at least 20 years. The main resistance to offering a First
Class shipping option was the argument that the people who paid extra for first
class would get the classified ads first, creating a second class membership.
(There were other issues to be addressed, too.) I think the
Internet/E-bay/Craig's list, as well as our own on-line ads have taken that out  of the
equation. Splitting the mailing would probably cause more work for  M&P. That would
have to be addressed in their contract - and paid for by the  increased cost
for a first class Communique. But the issue must be addressed.  Harry and Mike
are smart fellows, I am sure they could come up with an estimate,  based on a
certain percentage of the magazines changing to first class mail.  Then it will
be your (the BOD) job to sell that to the membership.- Seth  Emerson