<VV> First Class Pain-Classifieds

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Apr 4 22:18:18 EDT 2008

On a historical note, does anybody remember an ad that ran in our
classifieds and no one called about the car for sale. This was back in
the mid 80s. No early birds jumped on it. The ad paraphrased read:

1960 Corvair Monza Show Car. In family since new. Needs work. $1000.
Kentucky.

Yep, nobody jumped the gun and bought this piece of automotive history
even though it was published for all our members to see. I guess the
sellers needed a better writer. I could be wrong on price, maybe it was
more.

The car?

The Super Monza!

Our local club put two and three together to get seven and a member
worked for Reynolds Metals and remembered stories of the car. We had the
Reynolds family donate the car to us.

Details of the story in some back issue of the Communique.

Just goes to show getting the ad first doesn't mean you'll read it.

Or understand it....

Frank DuVal