<VV> Tricks for removing stubborn lifter

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 21:53:47 EDT 2008

There is a neat tool available that expands to catch the inside of the
lifter.  I now have one that I have used maybe twice.  But when  I disassembled my
first couple of engines, and didn't have the whizbang  special tool I used
coat hanger wire bent in half with the last 1/2 inch of the  two ends bent out
about 45 degrees.  I inserted the bent ends, let the wire  expand in the lifter
and tapped it out with a wrench handle inside the bend at  the other end.
Hope that makes sense.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs