<VV> EC vs LC

james rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Sat Apr 5 22:19:19 EDT 2008

All:  When I was on the CORSA BoD (Mid '99 to Mid-'01) we got a Communique
1st class so we would know what was in it should we be contacted by a member
about content.  Seems the answer "Gee, I don't know, 'cause mine hasn't
arrived yet" wasn't a good answer in somebody's mind before I got on the
BoD.

I think the story is true about a director buying something before others
got the Communique, 'cause I remember us being asked to wait till our
membership Communique came before buying something.  The incident may
actually go back to the early '80's when I was Chairman of the Competition
Committee.

I've had trouble getting some weekly magazines before cover date on several
occasions over the years.  The first time they started coming out of
sequence, I started documenting arrival date, and took info to postmaster.
It seemed to help.  But one of his comments was that how many people in the
distribution area/zip code received the publication impacts delivery date.
The bigger the bundle they get, the faster the delivery.  So get more people
to join CORSA in your zip code, and get the Communique faster!  But I really
suspect the carrier would delay delivering the weekly magazines if they had
a lot of normal 1st class.  They may have that choice.

I got the April Communique Tuesday (Apr 1) in Central Illinois, but my
AutoWeek came today (Apr 5th) several days after Seth got his in Central
California.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice