<VV> Tricks for removing stubborn lifter

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 22:52:19 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/5/2008 6:46:44 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Alohaz at ca.rr.com writes:

Does  anyone have any tricks for getting a stubborn lifter (#6 intake)
through  its hole in the block?  I have tried some pretty strong magnets,  but
to no avail.  I can feel it slide forward a bit, but then sort of  seizes up,
like the hole gets too tight.    I don't see how to  use a wire to pull it
out, as suggested by one of the books, so I am now at  a loss.

Thanks,

Steve  Brennan

Steve, Yes there are special pullers being sold. In fact there are a couple
on eBay right now. Just enter "valve lifter" in the search and they should
come  up too.

But the wire should work too. the idea is to use a stiff wire with a very
small hook at the end (use a needle-nose pliers to make the hook) Then slip this
 hook into the small hole in the center of the pushrod seat and pull  gently.
Regards.
Bob Helt