<VV> Newbie on Powerglides

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 20:54:43 EDT 2008

Daniel,
   Make sure the cooler is in good condition,mounted properly with no bent fins.I cleaned and straightened mine and then painted black. I installed new hoses and clamps as well. Finally, I am running the aluminum pan from Clarks for ultimate cooling. If you ever change the cable, be sure to recheck the shift valve adjustment on the valve body. This simple adjustment cost me 2 good used transmissions before I caught on to what was happening.Finally, I advise you to get a copy of the movie Harry Y. made on rebuilding the Corvair PG.Although I am no auto trans rebuilder, I was able to do mine fairly easily about 3,000 miles ago. I'll have it in Ventura in June.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
1963 Rampside 95HP PG 3.55