<VV> Catalytic Converter - Testing Back Pressure

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 17:46:34 EDT 2008

                                        B"H

For less than $100. you can buy a back pressure tester
that will indicate if your exhaust system is clogged.
If it's non-intrusive to install, I'm planning on
buying one.

A CO/exhuast gas analyzer runs around $200. but is
worth the money if I'm planning on keeping the cat on
the car, as it will indicate exact fuel/air readings.

I'm very impressed with how smooth the engine is with
the cat installed, both at idle and on acceleration.
I hope by monitoring back pressure I can keep from
doing any damage to the engine.

Thanks all for your advice on this topic...Bill
Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG