<VV> Must have Corvair books

Cliff tibbitts at qx.net
Tue Apr 8 22:29:02 EDT 2008

Craig and others,

I have all three, "The Corvair Basics," "Corvair Secrets," and "the Classic
Corvair."  I got the Corvair Basics from the CORSA folks when the convention
came to Lexington.  It was a great overview of the history of the car and is
one of the primary reasons that I decided to buy my Corvair.  It is just a
wealth of information covering care, maintenance, things to consider when
buying a Corvair, information about CORSA, the vendors and some anecdotal
stories.

The Classic Corvair on the other hand is to me the meat on the bones, as
compared to the "Service Manuals."  The service manuals assume a certain
familiarity with the basics of the Corvair as they were written for the GM
mechanics of that day, who worked on these cars on a daily basis.

As you pointed out, "The Classic Corvair" is pretty much the sum total of
the collective experience of several folks that have made this hobby what it
is.  I think it is by far and away, the most valuable of the collection.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
66 Monza, 140-4speed (group RED)