<VV> Pre fab garages

Robert Langdon rwlwp at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 9 14:23:17 EDT 2008

After years of wanting a shop I finally started the process of building a
steel building in 2006.  I didn't know anyone who had built one so I had to
search through many companies who sell steel buildings. Beware - I found
most of the companies were not reputable.  I would tell them specifically
what size and design I wanted for the building.  They would then have
different people call and I would hear the same line, a building was ordered
by someone and they cancelled and they could give me a great deal.  When I
would tell them my county building department requirements for wind load or
snow load they wouldn't say exactly what the building was designed for. Just
it will be what you need.  I finally narrowed to two companies and the one I
picked had a longer warranty on the steel panels.  I would have been
comfortable with either.

No matter how perfect the foundation contractor pours the concrete or the
steel framing is fabricated you will have some adjustments by the erecting
contractor needed.  Unless you build a small shop it is not a have your
friends help you project.  I believe money spent on an erecting contractor
is well spent. The building I built was large (50x100) with 4/12 pitch and
two foot eaves to make it look more like a house rather than an industrial
flat roof.

The company I chose designs their own buildings in-house.  I live in
California and they are from Florida.  They designed the building to not
only meet the building department requirements but exceeded them in wind
load being from Florida where that is more of an issue than California.

Robert Langdon

The company is MBMI Metal Buildings.

 http://www.mbmi.biz/