<VV> Corvair and their lack of appeal

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Thu Apr 10 09:55:24 EDT 2008

This is not a new problem.  It was hard to get mechanics to work on corvairs
when they were new.  My unbelieveably healthy neighbor was a Chevy mechanic
in the 60's.  He was the main corvair mechanic in the dealership. He said
often there would be 7 or 8 corvairs waiting for service (by him) while the
other mechanics were doing next to nothing.  He told the manager that he
would quit if they didn't start sharing the work on the corvairs more.  The
reply was "But Frank, your the best mechanic on the corvairs.   Well,  Frank
quit on the spot and went to work in the local steel mill.
        I am proud and lucky to have him as a neighbor as he can always fix
any problem I have.  At 88 he is 15 years older than me and I can't begin to
keep up with him.He can perfectly balance carbs by feeling the vacuum with
his finger.  You have to see it to believe it.   Dennis Dorogi