<VV> Orphans and Popularity

bowtieguy at cox.net bowtieguy at cox.net
Thu Apr 10 16:04:09 EDT 2008

Corvairs are unique and fun to drive. They are cute (my wife's opinion)in the EM and  euro-stylish in the LM. I have taken mine to a Super Chevy show and was put in the open class. There were 2 cars and the 1998 Cavalier won first place. I took my second place plaque home with pride and some sense of bitterness.

My first collector car is a '57 Bel Air Townsman 4 door station wagon. Here too, my car looks like a running parts mobile to all the Nomad, two door and convertible 55-57 owners of the universe. Do you want to sell it is the most asked question.

My latest vehicle is a '70 Impala 4 door sedan and it too is the common family car. The old adage of  ("if the car is red and the top goes down, the price goes up"), applies to popularity too.

Cruise nights still are fun as no one judges. People admire and do tell us that some loved one or relative had  car like that.

As for the mechanics of the Corvair, a good shop and mechanic  are a must.

Bob Vukas
bowtieguy at cox.net