<VV> wiring

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 17:01:36 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/11/2008 1:44:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net writes:

Hey  all,
I had a few questions regarding dash wiring. I'm putting  in the corsa dash
to fit in my monza. I have the thermister with adapter and  plans to put a line
to the vaccuum tubes. I was wondering which wires I need  to to switch around
in the corsa dash harness to fit my monza body harness?  Also, how to you get
those dadburn housing connectors out that connect the  wiring between the
harnesses?

On the large connectors, like the one at the front of the engine
compartment, (or at the dash) after you disassemble the two big plastic  connectors, you
will see the tips of the actual metal terminals. The terminals  are the same
on both sides, they just meet correctly in the middle. Each  terminal has a
pair of small "barbs" on either side. the barbs face the rear of  the terminal
(the end where the wire is crimped on.) when pushed into the back  of the
plastic holder, the barbs snap into a pair of grooves in the plastic. To  remove the
terminal, you need to slide a small straight piece of metal ( an  eyeglass
screwdriver, or slightly larger blade will do) down the side of the  terminal -
from the front! This will displace the barb from the groove. Once  both sides
are displaced, the terminal will slide out the back. At that point it  will be
easy to see how the terminal is retained in place. When you are  ready to
re-insert the terminal, just spread the barbs back out to their  original
position and the terminal will snap into the plastic housing. I believe  they are
keyed so they won't go in upside down, but pay attention to how the  other
terminals are positioned. New terminals are available if you need them.

I know that there are a few extra wires in the Corsa dash harness.
Thermistor/Head temp/ Clock? - But I don't remember the correct places. I  suggest you
trace down each wire in the instrument-cluster plug. It is not  really too
hard to do. PS - I believe that there is a error in the 65  wiring diagram in the
shop manual, somewhere between the rear compartment  harness and the main
body harness. But I don't have access to my Shop Manuals  right now. - Seth
Emerson

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)