<VV> Weights of Early and Late

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Apr 11 20:02:41 EDT 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Smitty Smith wrote:

>    From: Jeff Wilson
> Does anyone know off the top of their head the weight difference
> between and early coupe and a late?
> CJ Wilson
>  Smitty Says;  Yes jeff, I do.

Smitty,

In 1991 I worked on a revision of the Economy Run Rules. I devised a
class system that would have divided the vehicles according to their
weight as opposed to the typical "early" and "late" split. It would
have been a more fair way to do it. The powers-that-be disagreed with
me, saying that people just want to divide classes by earlies and lates.

A by-product of this research was a list of vehicle weights which came
from Larry Claypool. I don't know if these are "curb weights",
"shipping weights" or what but I believe them to be accurate and
comparable. These are for 1964 earlies and 1967 lates. Other years
will vary a bit, but not much. The weight of the AC cars was computed
by adding 200 pounds.

I hope the formatting of the figures below posts. If it doesn't, I'll
e-mail you a PDF directly.

'64	500		2dr		2365
'64	Monza	2dr		2445
'64	Monza	4dr		2470