<VV> wiring harness getting hot

John McMahon latin81 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 18:23:24 EDT 2008

I am getting ready to install an Ignitor I in my 1965 Monza, so I traced the
resistor wire up to the connector in the engine compartment.  I turned on
the ignition to check with a voltmeter so make sure the corresponding wire
was getting 12 volts, and then noticed that the harness was getting very
hot.  Not *quite* too hot to touch, but darn close.  The engine harness is
new, but the main harness is not, and it seemed to be only the new harness
that was getting hot. What could be causing this?

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe