<VV> Smog engine head swap

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Mon Apr 14 10:06:10 EDT 2008

A fellow club member wants to replace his 1969 smog motor heads with LM 110 heads. The engine is original but has had all the smog stuff removed—no pump or lines and the exhaust manifolds have been replaced with non-smog ones.  I have no experience with smog motors and was wondering about this swap.  I believe the 110 HP heads have smaller combustion chamber volume as compared to the open smog heads.  Should this smaller CC size result in higher CR?  Comments and suggestions welcomed.  TIA.