<VV> Promoting the hobby

Barry Johnson barry.johnson at activant.com
Mon Apr 14 10:58:35 EDT 2008

> I received the Detroit Convention DVD "It's Cool to be AIRCOOLED, The
Ultimate Corvair Video" yesterday.

For those that didn't attend the convention, can copies of the DVD be
ordered?

One thought on promoting the car and the hobby:  most cable TV stations
are required to play content submitted by local community members on
their "public access" channel.  In another of my hobbies (square
dancing), we've found this to be an effective way to advertise the
activity:  we produce a television show (using the cable company's
equipment and studio at no charge), then get members to submit the
program to their local cable channels.  It's free -- the cable companies
cannot charge for playing this content (except, possibly, a nominal fee
if they need to convert from DVD to some other type of media).

If the convention video is a good show, it would probably be worth
getting it played to a wider audience.  Of course, this kind of thing
works best with a repeating series of weekly or bi-weekly shows, but
even a "one-shot" can catch channel surfers.

baj

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.