<VV> What secures the damper door hinge pin?

DaveL lynchmob at theriver.com
Tue Apr 15 03:12:37 EDT 2008

 A fix was mentioned at our club's Sunday tune-up clinic.
Drill a small hole in the pin near the head where it will clear the
sheetmetal when it's in place. Then install a small cotter pin. That should
hold it in for good.
 I'm going to try it on my broken one this week. It sounds like a great fix.

Dave Lynch
'67 Monza 110/PG
Vice-President
Tucson Corvair Assoc.