<VV> Shifter/clutch problem

Gary & Jodi Gatts jnggatts at hughes.net
Wed Apr 16 20:32:38 EDT 2008

Hi all,

    I am having problems with the reverse on my 65 Greenbrier 4 speed.  When I start it up it will shift into reverse smooth as silk, but after I run it a couple of miles or more and everything is warmed up, it will grind going into reverse.  Sometimes it will not go in at all.  I have to shut the motor off and put it in reverse then restart the engine to back up.  I have a brand new clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing and I have replaced all the worn parts on the shift shaft.

    Any suggestions?

Gary Gatts
1965 Greenbrier
1966 Corvair 500
1967 UltraVan 269

"Discover The Goodness" of Xango at  garygatts.com