<VV> torque converter?

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 08:30:55 EDT 2008

Thank you. I would have never have guessed that (to take the shroud off). I have been down in the dumps since discovering this issue. Pulling the engine, I am not afraid of that, its just figuring out how to fix it once its out!
Thanks Frank, maybe there is hope, I'll attempt this technique.

Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net> wrote: Check the flex plate to torque converter bolts. There are three. You
remove the forward engine shroud piece (the one the fuel lines and
accelerator rod goes through). Then there is a small plate right on top
of the belhousing that pops off.

If this is not it, time to remove the engine or drop drivetrain and
investigate.

Frank DuVal