<VV> Newbie issues

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Apr 19 00:21:03 EDT 2008

Thanks Bill!

Dave "newbie" Thompson
63 Spyder (3 weeks on the road)

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris & Bill Strickland [mailto:lechevrier at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 9:27 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Newbie issues

Chris Mann's possible fuel issue does bring up the idea that we could be
seeing Corvair owners with no experience with carburetors, like pumping
the accelerator once to set the choke(s) on a cold engine (the choke
needing to be closed to effect a good cold start), and other similar
things, such as assuming all things electric are electronic, which most
electric fuel pumps are not.

Just saying I suppose we (I) need to be sensetive to issues like this
and folks could help by giving us an idea of their experience level.

Bill Strickland