<VV> was Cylinder head temp thermister/now jacking points

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 10:17:50 EDT 2008

Dave,
Never, never ever use the oil pan or differential as a jacking point to
raise the car. That's how you can destroy your engine and transmission mounts in
short order. I've seen more than one oil pan warped (destroyed) due to
jacking,  including aluminum oil pans...
If you're just trying to raise the engine to undo the mount, use the skid
plate, but to raise the whole car, use the actual jacking points of the car.
That's what they're there for.
If you're just going to do some engine work, get some good, heavy duty
ramps... no need for a jack then.
Good luck!
Lonzo

In a message dated 4/19/2008 4:52:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,