<VV> > cleaning convertable back windows

vairjer at comcast.net vairjer at comcast.net
Sat Apr 19 11:04:05 EDT 2008

Having taken care of the wife's 64 convertible for 18 years, and we still have the same rear window, I have found a few products that work fairly well.  If you can find it, Windex makes a "Plastic window cleaner" which was intended for plexiglass or Lexan material.  It is a white colored cleaner and will remove most film, oily finger prints, etc. very well and won't harm the plastic.  I still have some of that, but haven't seen it anywhere lately.  Before I found that product, I had discovered that the "Once & Done" product for no wax vinyl floors, lightly diluted would work wonders on clearing up the window.  The Meguair's product for cleaning and polishing plastic windows work OK for removing scratches on those that really need help, but they leave a "residue/film" on the plastic...that is when I discovered the Once & Done would remove the film left and brighten the window...The wife quit buying that product when we changed flooring, and I discovered the Windex plastic cleaner at
 the same time....We always used a terry cloth towel when we put the top down to cushion/protect the window, and the top is over 19 years old and the window is still in decent condition.

We do use Meguiars # 40 vinyl cleaner and conditioner on the top, since we acquired the car, and it looks like new, but we do keep the car garaged except when it went to conventions/regionals, etc..

Hope that this helps,

Jerry McKenzie
PCCA chapter Corsa