<VV> my virtual garage and fuel tan removal

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 17:32:55 EDT 2008

Hi guys (again), I owe many of you a lunch or something :)

OK, the shop manual technique for siphoning gas was a little tricky but I managed fairly well, pulled out about as much as I could (6-7 gallons) the tank is a little heavy but not too bad. I have the sway bar out the way, lost two bolts on the way. I also lost one fuel tank support bracket. I hope Clarke's has replacements, I'll check that later.

So the heart of the matter here, is any neat manuevers to get the tank out? meaning, the shop manual is great and all but lacks specifics. My tank is loose, and I am questioning what to do about the filler neck. To disconnect or does it come out as one assembly.

This is pretty cool, I have my laptop sitting on the roof of my coupe and the vert is behind me with tools everywhere. So I am on a wireless connection to the house, and can see responses almost instantly. Pretty cool huh?

Maybe some of you guys to start an internet radio station with nothing but Corvair Corvair Corvair stuff. Kind of like a cable access thing but only on the internet!

I'm gonna You tube my first drive and post that when I get her on the road.

Chris Mann
69 cpe 140/4
69 vert 110/pg