<VV> steering wheel removal - caution

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 03:04:18 EDT 2008

5/16-18 IIRC.

I have had almost no luck with JR's method, although I  keep trying! gggg

Frank DuVal

More  often than not, you can just bump them of with careful (semi) gentle
blows  on the back side of the spokes - alternating spokes as you go.
Later,  JR

> Hey all,
>   I'm removing the steering wheel on  my '65 Monza coupe. I have a steering
> wheels puller, but the  incorrect size bolts to go in the holes. What size
> bolts fit into the  steering wheel? It's the standard with horn ring.
>
>  Charles   4/19/08

With a small chunk of bar stock and a couple of the bolts referenced above,
it is really easy to pull the steering wheel. One caution - it is easy to
damage  the threaded end of the column when pulling the wheel. When you are
gettting  ready to pull the wheel, leave the nut on the end of the column. Loosen it
 (DUH!) and back it off until the top of the nut is "just" above the end of
the shaft.Then put on the puller and tension it off. That should save the
threads on the end of the column - making it much easier to re-install the wheel
- Seth Emerson

listings at AOL Autos.