<VV> tires, was: Rims

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 12:49:01 EDT 2008

Yea, I know that Corvairs used the same bolt pattern, etc. as other Chevy/GM cars.  Just that the factory never let 14's be an option on Corvairs (due to corporate mindset/policy). Had they done so, it would have opened us up to using 14's on ALL Corvairs still out there. And we wouldn't be in the present pickle of just finding big-enough sized 13's. The original 7.00-13's were about as big a 13" tire that was ever made, and as such was only used on the Corvair and little else. Which is why nobody wants to reproduce them - too small a market even for someone like Coker who specializes in small-lot tires.

-Mark