<VV> tires, was: Rims

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 14:19:55 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/20/2008 10:50:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Bruce  and VVers,
Good idea!  Just make sure the 14 in   replacement wheels you get have the
same PROPORTIONAL backspace as the  original  stock Corvair tires so they
"load-up" the wheel bearings  about the same as the  original tires and have
the
car handle the  same way as it did originally.
Frank  Burkhard

All the years I ran the mags designed for full-size Chevys I never had any
bearing problems and I drove it many thousand miles on the highway and loved
the  way it handled--that's why I keep 'Vairs for so many years.

Scotty from Hollyweird

listings at AOL Autos.