<VV> Fuel delivery question

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Apr 21 01:13:42 EDT 2008

[SNIP]

Three different times in 1000 miles it has suddenly behaved as though it
were out of gas, even though the gas tank is full.  A little sputtering and
surging followed by a stall and coasting to the side of the road.

[SNIP]
Chris,

I had almost the exact same symptoms on my Spyder. However, about 10 minutes
after the engine quit, I was able to start the engine again. It sputtered
and then ran just fine. At first, I thought it was vapor lock. However,
after about three times I happened to touch the coil just after the engine
quit. It almost burnt my hand. Upon further investigation I found out that
it was a stock coil and I have electronic ignition. The ignition
manufacturer calls for an upgraded coil. After replacing the coil with the
specified one, I have never had the same problem in about 1500 miles.

Your description DOES sound like fuel starvation but perhaps you might check
your coil too.
Just my two cents worth...

Good Luck,

Dave Thompson