<VV> Jacking the Power Train

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:13:27 EDT 2008

Dave,

As Matt aluded to, any smart corvair autocrosser will jack up each side just once to change both tires, on a flat surface of course.  Don't be scared.  Have the e-brake on.  If you're really scared, chock the opposite front tire.

Common sense dictates to never, ever get under it w/o the jackstands.  Corvair guys are dying off fast enough - we don't need to encourage it.Barry in SC> lifting the front wheel too. Ever see a Corvair on two side wheels? That> scared me.> >