<VV> Installing radio in Corvair

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 15:14:16 EDT 2008

OK you electronic wizards, I have a question.  I bought a new radio to
put in my 1965 Monza sedan.  It is a Panasonic digital 4 speaker stereo
but I am only using two speakers (both in the front).  Do I just leave
two speaker wire sets unattached or do I combine the left front and the
right front into one speaker and the left rear and right rear into the
other speaker?
I am thinking if I leave two of the four speaker wire sets unattached I
will lose half the music but then if I combine two sets of wires to one
speaker I might damage the radio.  Naturally the instructions don't say
anything about this and the guy at the store said "why would you want
only two speakers?" and didn't really know if I could combine them.  All
I want is a radio that plays.  I'm not that into the 4 channel sound or
blasting bass until the windows rattle.  My wife is a person who always
has to have a radio playing or the TV on so I'm just trying to please
her and keep her interested in riding with me.  Personally, I seldom
ever turn the radio on in anything I drive.
I guess I would rather have peace and quiet or listen for parts falling
off!
Thanks, Clark Hartzel