<VV> Relay for heater blower motor

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Wed Apr 23 19:28:46 EDT 2008

    I just installed a 30 amp relay (radio shack 275-226) for the heater blower motor (new Clark's) in my son's 65 monza following Bob Helt's instructions in his book Classic Corvair. Previously, the motor would blow a fuse after running for a while.
      The relay and motor seems to work all right but I noticed that the blower motor will shut off on the low and intermediate speeds when the ignition switch is turned off; however, if I turn off the ignition switch when on high speed the motor keeps running until the heater control switch is turned off.
    Is this the way it is supposed to work with a relay, or do I have a wiring problem?  I prefer that it shuts off when the ignition is switched off.

Dennis Dorogi
63 rampside
65 4 door.