<VV> Fwd: Fuel Seepage at Carb Inlet Fittings

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 11:28:39 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/24/2008 11:54:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

I would  bend (slightly) the
steel line to make sure there was no residual torque  on the nuts to make
them loosen.

Mike, I agree with Frank's comment.  I have found that bending or  tensioning
the steel line so the flare lines up with the inlet bevel as it is  lightly
tightened will solve this problem.  If any steel fuel lines vibrate  as the
engine is revved you can add clips or nylon ties to anchor them.   Matt's comment
about having a NAPA agent creat professionally crimped hose  connections
sounds like a great idea was well--and would look great  too.

Bob Hall.

listings at AOL Autos.