<VV> Fuel Seepage at Carb Inlet Fittings

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 12:12:12 EDT 2008

Mikeamauro at aol.com wrote:

"After 36 years of trying all kind of things to make the stock set up
work, I'm ready to take drastic measures."

Craig replies:
You can always go all AN. AN adapters are available for the carb inlets
(Common to GM of the era) and of course AN adapters and Tees are easy at the
pump end.  Might be a good time to install a fuel distribution block and
fuel it with an electric pump. You make-up AN fittings at home, so no
crimping is required. BTDT

FWIW, I've found that when troublesome nuts keep backing off, the fuel
line's residual torque (in the wrong direction after the flare nut is
tightened) was the problem.  I spring the line CCW, and then tighten to the
filter/inlet nut. When the sprung line is released, it provides CW holding
torque to keep the nut tight.

HTH, Craig

Checked by AVG.
7:42 AM