<VV> Carb Inlets AN-other solution

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 22:08:32 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/26/2008 3:15:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

Based on  your earlier comments, I think you're right that this isn't
something wrong in the installation.  You can go about this a  couple
of ways:

- Do the AN fittings and braided line,  the Corvair carbs use a
standard (big) inlet fitting you can get  replacements for.  I'd
attach to the carbs with 90 degree tube  style fittings.  Check with a
racing supplier for the hose and  fittings.
- You could also replace with stock for new cars fuel  injection
hose, and have it crimped on the ends of the stock lines  as was
suggested.  If you want something that looks kind of  factory, this
might be pretty nice.

In any case, please let  us know if this solves the problem.

--Bryan

If you want to use AN hose on the H-series, the easiest way is to replace
the big nuts in the Rochesters (at the big 7/8" x 20 thread) with Holley  P/N
26-27, that Holley part has a inlet thread of 1/2-20. Earls sells a  banjo
fitting for -6 hose into that fitting inlet thread. It is Earls P/N  807695ERL. You
can feed all four carbs from a one into four fuel log from  several sources.
Speedway Motors P/N 550-6152 is their one-in, four-out log,  with 1/4 NPT
threads.  Keep the hoses out of the linkage - AND AWAY  FROM YOUR PLUG WIRES!!!!
- Seth Emerson

listings at AOL Autos.