<VV> Vapor Lock?

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Apr 26 22:11:36 EDT 2008

Michael,
    Does your Corvan have a vented gas cap ? If not change it for a vented one. If yes, it could be plugged. Air should enter the tank as the fuel is pumped to the engine. I had same problem years ago but, in my case it was a plugged in line filter.

Daniel

<<After 27 miles of driving (every time), my van begins to miss and shows
all the symptoms of vapor lock. It seems as if the gas supply has shut
down. After waiting five minutes I can start it up and it will go a
short distance and the same condition occurs. Gas tank has been cleaned,
new sock installed. Electric fuel pump installed. All ignition parts are
new and engine has been rebuilt.  Engine tuned. Runs great for this
short distance then begins to miss. This is an early 1963 Corvan.>>