<VV> Carb Inlets vibrating loose

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 22:27:22 EDT 2008

Thanks to all for the many responses... by and large, most responding
acknowledged some degree of problem with fuel seepage at carb inlet  nuts (so I'm
not totally crazy, even though my wife swears I am).

Besides being keen on performance, I am also somewhat of a "keep it stock
looking" purist. Therefore, before going the flex hose way (and thank you Seth
for the exact part numbers, which I'll save), I'm going to try an improvement
to  the fuel inlet sealing system: into a set of new inlet nuts (I use the
longer  ones from Clark's... as someone stated, the threads in the pot metal have
 worn over the years), I'm going to machine a grove to receive an O-ring. The
 O-ring will seat just inside the fuel inlet opening of the carb top, just
before  the threads start. The O-ring will be in addition to the stock gasket.
I'll  document the procedure (written & photos), so if it works I'll share with
 others.

If the O-ring mod fails, then I've got all the good suggestions to fall  back
on.

Thanks to all, and very best regards,
Mike Mauro

listings at AOL Autos.