<VV> Vapor lock

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 10:43:31 EDT 2008

If you have an electric fuel pump you shouldn't have vapor lock
problems.  Are you sure your gas cap is vented?  Try leaving the cap
loose and see if the problem goes away.  I agree with Ron that a vehicle
being driven does not vapor lock.  I had a Greenbrier that vapor locked
every time I shut it off.  The FC's have the least room under the engine
lid so it overheats easier.  I solved the problem with an electric pump
to pressurize the fuel system.
Another possibility is a bad coil that shuts down after overheating.  Do
you have spark when the condition happens?
Clark Hartzel