<VV> Loudly Ticking Engine--Possible Causes?

mike hicks mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Apr 28 00:32:19 EDT 2008

>>My 1965 110 hp Monza started ticking very loud the other day.

My 65 110 started ticking on the way to Detroit last year.  When I got there, everyone who listened to it thought it was lifters.  I ran Marvel Mystery Oil in it as suggested and the ticking persisted.  It turned out to be a worn valve guide.  The valve could be moved sideways by hand.  I sapped out the head (re-using the lifters) and no more tapping.  Yours may be a stuck lifter or something else though.