<VV> ADV/thermister adapter / other gauges

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 14:53:52 EDT 2008

Keith,
Lengthen the probe using 18 ga auto wires. Just make sure that the
connections are very good. The instrument works on resistance and you don't
want to introduce more resistance with a bad connection.

Try  http://www.westach.com/ They make wonderful instruments. They have a 2"
CHT for about $50.00. You can get either a probe with threads to screw into
the head or a ring to go under a spark plug. I have used many Westach
instruments in a variety of aircraft and I have never had one fail. They may
be a little pricy, but they are one of the best.

Another brand that is very good is autometer.

http://autometer.com/cat_gaugeop.aspx?sid=12

Use their advanced gauge search. They are available at most auto speed shops
or on line.

Good Luck,

Dave Thompson