<VV> Valve seats MY opinion

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Aug 2 10:51:58 EDT 2008

In part. One of the epiphanies I had while being frustrated trying to quiet
the valvetrain in mine was oil level. I think most of the clattering valves in
 Corvairs is due to aerated oil. When I was over the 'full' line, things were
 quiet. As the oil level approached the 'add' line, things got a LOT noisier.
So,  keep the engine full, make sure the pickup doesn't suck ANY air. and
probably a  better than stock oil pan will help the air to float out before the
oil is  picked up. I did all of this, and I no longer had valvetrain noise!

In a message dated 8/1/2008 9:52:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,