<VV> [FC] Stranded Rampy

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Aug 2 23:56:30 EDT 2008

    There is a temporary way I used years ago to deal with a pluged
strainer. Dissconecting the inlet pipe at the pump, puting a suitable hose
on it (the pipe) and blowing hard, usualy disclogges the strainer enough to
finish travel. Compressed air works easier. Then, reconect pipe at pump,
dissconect one outlet pipe and try hand pumping (by loosening the pump
bolt). If it doesn't work, try blowing with mouth at the tank inlet. This
works if there is dirt in the pump check valves. Don't forget to wipe out
any spilled fuel before trying to start engine.

    Daniel Monasterio